Swadesh is the Voice of Unnati Silks
Why choose Swadesh?
Swadesh means ‘my land’ or ‘my country’ in Hindi. Unnati Silks is Indian and proud to be one. Steeped in Indian culture and ethos, ‘Swadesh’ lends a patriotic touch. The focus of Unnati is on Indian ethnic fabrics, and traditional styles spread across the land.
The weaving styles, the printing methods, the incorporations in Unnati’s fabrics are not localized or specific to any region. They cover traditional pockets in almost every nook and corner of the country.
Unnati has an association with master weavers across India of almost all known traditional styles from the last three decades. Unnati has a pan-India presence that has percolated even to some destinations offshore.
Naturally in the choice for names, Unnati with strong national leanings would tend to shortlist such an indicative name that has finally come to be selected.
To understand Swadesh one must familiarize oneself with Unnati.
Unnati is a living organization made up of 200 + dedicated and loyal mindsets and a common goal –
- Deepening the relationship with the Master artisans and Craftsmen across the country.
- Making continual efforts to revive the glory of Indian Handlooms and traditional printing and showcasing them to the world through new platforms.
- Improvising and creatively providing unique, refreshing, fashionable and quality new-look traditional fabrics of excellence to the market.
- Making a small but significant contribution in the preservation of a rich legacy through successive generations.
- Dedicating all efforts for the cause of fashion and the nation through the knowledgeable and skilled team of specialists in Design, Printing, Weaving and Fashion Consulting.
Swadesh is the vocal face that will lend credence to the many faces of Unnati.
The eager and ever youthful dynamic face of Unnati – which always studies and improvises to do something new and purposeful – through its market research and novel creations.
The dreaming visionary conjuring up many plans and projects – that would create new platforms for showcasing traditional excellence. And the business entity that has espoused a social cause of providing opportunities for ethnic craftsmen from the start – and has stayed committed to it.
Like any rational human being, the living and breathing 200 plus strong body of Unnati has a heart and soul. It has its opinions and views, its plans and programmes, its thoughts and aspirations. Swadesh is the space for this living need to give vent to thought and expression through its various sections.